Monday, January 4, 2010

No more wheelbarrowing

Only a couple of days from now we will be learning more information to the many questions that we have about this diagnosis. It is strange how helpless we are in all of this. As a father I just want to scoop this little one in my arms and make everything better. I am grateful for friends who are scooping us into their arms right now and carrying us and our needs to the sustainer of life.

Life has a way of helping us see that we can't be in control of everything. God, however can be in control, and is. I was told tonight that I am like a person laboring with a wheelbarrow with my wife and kids in it. My wife is wiping my brow because I am working so hard without any break. I want to take care of everything, yet because my hands are holding the wheelbarrow and can't help my wife or kids. Try as I may I will not be able to hold it all together. I need someone to hold the wheelbarrow so I can care for the precious ones entrusted to me. We all need a Father who can carry our load. Man can't do it all on his own strength. God can! "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." Phil 4:13.

God's strength will get us through all of this especially our little princess!
Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment