Monday, January 18, 2010

I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful.I know that full well. ~Psalm 139:14~

We have an appointment in Denver at Children's and University hospital in a week. It has been like a dream lately, I keep thinking, Did we really get a diagnosis of something so serious for our baby? It is so complex and hard to understand all the things wrong with her heart! I am thankful we have a place nearby to get more information. It is actually about 8 hours from here but that's a days drive so we have to be thankful for that.
My dear, sweet friend sent me a cd filled with christian songs and a teddy bear on a stand. The name tag reads, "Bearing a Baby". The bear is dressed in pink and is pregnant! So cute and so touching. When I read the tag, I thought that's me, bearing a baby and a burden. I realized it has been a huge burden that is weighing on my mind but I will bare this with He who's burden is easy and who's yoke is light.
"For I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

I have to say I have been feeling confused and maybe angry to be carrying a baby that has a chance of not surviving in this world once born. I have wondered why the pregnancy is continuing as normal and the baby so active in my womb. But then I remember those verses and decide that I will carry this baby with joy and thanksgiving. Who am I to question the almighty creator???? She has been created this way and it is a blessing to me to feel her movements and know her in my womb. God is the great comfortor and knows my pain. I will not let my faith waiver with doubts and questions. No burden is too big for Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you are having to go through this. It is a lot to bear! So thankful you are finding joy and peace in God. Thanks for the updates. Continued prayers to God for you.
    Love, Staci and family

    ReplyDelete